Monday 18 November 2013

It's been awhile...

Hello. Sorry that it has been awhile since I have written anything here. I have been busy. But that is done with now, so I can focus on my challenge.

So my weekend observation turned into a week observation. I still haven't had a day without yelling. I went a half a day. Little steps...

My observations:
- When I am tired, due to disturbed sleep, my patience level is low. Which causes yelling.
- When my kids are tired, due to disturbed sleep, they are cranky. Which causes them to cry and whine about everything. Which cause my patience level to become low. Which causes yelling to be heard over the crying and whining.
- When I am busy with something, they want to help. This usually ends with them causing more work then needed, which causes myself to be frustrated. Yelling usually come with those situations.
- The more times I have to say something, the louder my voice becomes with it.

I have been very aware of my voice when talking to the kids. I have caught myself a few times to lower the volume of my voice. Now that I am done with one of my commitments, I have the time and patience to focus more of this challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment